Most people remember coloring when they were a kid. Coloring books, construction paper, and sometimes (eek!) even the walls! Did you know that coloring is more than just a creative way to kill time with the kiddos? It has a variety of developmental benefits!
- Coloring helps kids develop hand eye coordination and gets them use to using a writing tool.
- Coloring promotes the development of patience, and gives children a sense of accomplishment.
- Color recognition is supported by… you guessed it… coloring, as well as pattern recognition which is a pre-math and pre-reading skill.
- As we now know from the adult coloring book craze, coloring can be relaxing and therapeutic. Use this as an excuse to sit and bond with your child as you color together.
- Below are some fun online sources for printable coloring pages, enjoy!